JEKYLL REALTY COTTAGE RENTAL AGREEMENT - RENTER UNDERSTANDS AND AGREES TO THE FOLLOWING TERMS:
1. TRAVEL INSURANCE - Travel insurance is optional. ****If you decide the plan does not meet your needs, you may cancel your plan and receive a refund of your plan cost as long as you cancel your insurance within 10
days of purchase and have not filed a claim or departed on your trip. It is no longer allowed to cancel the travel insurance plan 30-days prior to arrival date.****. Renter's decision with respect to the purchase of trip insurance will affect
Renter's rights in the event of a mandatory evacuation. Specific questions should be directed to the insurance company. CSA Travel Protection - 866-999-4018
2. ACCIDENTAL DAMAGE INSURANCE - This Security Deposit Protection plan covers unintentional damages to the rental unit interior that occur during your stay, provided they are disclosed to management prior to check-out. The policy will pay a
maximum benefit of $3,000. Any damages that exceed $3,000 will be charged to the credit card on file. If, during your stay at one of our Rental Properties, an Insured Person causes any damage to real or personal property of the unit as a result of inadvertent
acts or omissions, the Insurer will reimburse the Insured for the cost of repair or replacement of such property up to a maximum benefit of $3,000. Certain terms and conditions apply. Full details of the Security Deposit Protection coverage are contained in
the Certificate of Insurance or Insurance Policy. The Security Deposit Protection can be purchased up to, and including, at check-in.
By submitting payment for this plan, you authorize and request CSA Travel Protection and Insurance Services to pay directly Jekyll Realty any amount payable under the terms and conditions of the Security Deposit Protection. Please contact Jekyll Realty
directly if you do not wish to participate in this plan or assignment.
3. RENTAL DEPOSIT, BALANCE DUE, CANCELLATION & REFUSAL – Initial Deposit is due within ten (10) days of making tentative reservation. Balance is due thirty (30) days prior to check-in date. Deposits held will be applied to the total rent. In
the event of cancellation or refusal by Renter less than 90 days prior to arrival date, the deposit
will only be refunded when the unit has been re-rented for the same time period. Any refunds based upon Renter cancellations are made less a $50 cancellation service charge. Rental deposits will be placed in an interest bearing Trust
account in a state institution qualified to engage in the banking and trust business, separate from Agent's personal account, and the Agent is entitled to the interest earned on such deposits to cover administrative expenses. Fees and taxes are subject to
4. CHECKING IN - You will be able to check in at our office between 4:00 pm and 5:00 pm on the arrival date. We are located in the NEW Beachview Shopping Center just South of the intersection of Beachview Drive and Captain Wylly Road. Please
call if you are arriving after 5:00 pm to make arrangements for after hours access.
If available, check-ins prior to 12:00 noon on the day of arrival are subject to an additional charge of 1/2 the daily rate plus applicable taxes.
5. USE OF THE PREMISES – Renter agrees that the number of guests accommodated by the vacation rental on the reverse side will not be exceeded and that the Premises are not to be used for any party, nor sublet in any manner. In addition, renter
agrees that no outside guests will be permitted to use the swimming pool if vacation rental is so equipped. Violation will result in eviction without refund. Renter understands that various service providers may require access during renter’s stay, including,
but not limited to exterminator, and service repair personnel.
6. THE PREMISES - Renter acknowledges that the premises were built prior to 1978 and that construction materials may (or may not) have been used at that time that are no longer permitted by local or national code. Those materials include, but
are not limited to: lead-based paint, asbestos tile flooring and/or adhesive. Neither the Listing Broker nor the homeowner have inspected the cottage for these materials and are unaware if any are present.
7. CHECKING OUT - Renter agrees to vacate the Premises not later than 10:00 am on the departure day shown on the reverse side.
Failure to vacate by 10:00 am will result in additional fees. Renter agrees to leave the cottage "broom clean" with dishes cleaned and trash placed in the outdoor garbage can. If bedding becomes soiled during Renter's stay, Renter
agrees to launder same.
8. LINENS - Arrangements for linens, etc. should be made at least
2 weeks prior to arrival. See enclosed information.
9. PET POLICY - STRICTLY ENFORCED, VIOLATORS WILL VACATE THE PREMISES WITHOUT REFUND * UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES ARE PETS PERMITTED IN ANY ACCOMMODATION WITHOUT AGENT'S PRIOR WRITTEN PERMISSION AND RENTER'S PREPAYMENT OF A NON-REFUNDABLE $150 PET
FEE. NO PETS ARE PERMITTED AT ANY TIME, IN ANY COTTAGE DURING THE SUMMER SEASON. PETS ARE FORBIDDEN AT
ALL TIMES IN HOUSES SO DESIGNATED.
10. SMOKING POLICY – STRICTLY ENFORCED * SMOKING IS NOT PERMITTED IN ANY JEKYLL REALTY VACATION RENTAL. VIOLATORS WILL INCUR A MINIMUM FEE OF $250.
11. TELEPHONE CHARGES - Long Distance charges should not be made to the house telephone. If any charges occur during Renter's occupancy, Renter agrees to pay for any calls plus a $5.00 service charge.
VILLAS-BY-THE-SEA Renters are charged a $.50 per local call charge and agree to pay these charges at the Villas front desk prior to their departure.
12. ALTERNATIVE ACCOMMODATIONS - Jekyll Realty reserves the right to provide alternative accommodations or to refund Renter's deposit if for any reason this specific unit becomes unfit or otherwise unavailable for rental.
13. INDEMNIFICATION - Renter will indemnify and save harmless the individual homeowners, Jekyll Realty and it's employees and contractors, for any liability or loss arising from, or related to the rental of these premises including but not
limited to claims for damage or loss of personal property or for personal injury.
14. TRASH – Jekyll Realty vacation rentals are equipped with an adequate number of trash barrels for the number of guests accommodated. Renters that leave more trash at the house than will reasonably fit IN the outdoor barrels provided will
incur additional charges. We encourage recycling.
15. BREAKAGE & MOVED FURNITURE - Renter agrees to report any breakage or damage, including carpet or furniture stains, that occur during Renter's occupancy of the cottage
as soon as is practically possible. All units are carefully checked for damages after guest departure.
Unreported damage discovered upon Renter's check out will be invoiced and include a minimum $50.00 service charge. Furniture moved from one room to another shall be treated as unreported damage.
16. APPLIANCES & EQUIPMENT - Jekyll Realty cannot guarantee the operation of the appliances and equipment in the cottage. Any malfunction will be repaired as soon as possible.
No refunds will be made for appliance or equipment failures.
This contract constitutes an agreement between Renter and Jekyll Realty, as Agent, to rent the premises described on the reverse side. Renter's failure to abide by the terms herein may result in additional charges and/or eviction. Your reservation deposit is
due within 10 days of the reservation date shown and is not confirmed until you return this signed copy with the requested deposit amount.
17. CREDIT CARD TRANSACTIONS - Renter authorizes Jekyll Realty to charge the initial deposit, balances, and any damages or charges incurred, to the credit
card provided strictly for the purpose of the Cottage Rental in this agreement.
Jekyll Realty respects the privacy of every individual who uses our website. We only process and use the data obtained through this site for the specific purposes you’ve authorized for your transaction, based on the rental agreement for your reservation.
We do not sell customer information to third parties.
JEKYLL REALTY LINEN RENTAL INFORMATION:
Southeast Cottage Linens
Phone: (912) 223-0610 (912) 424-4361
ITEMS RENTERS SHOULD BRING:
Beds have mattress pads, spreads, pillows and blankets. You will need to bring or rent sheets, pillowcases and towels if your unit does not specify LINENS PROVIDED. We do not leave disposables in the properties. Please see the
list below for items you may want to bring. The kitchen will be equipped to cook and serve meals for however many people it accommodates, including a drip-type coffee maker and toaster.
Sheets and pillow cases (if not provided) Dish Detergent
Bath towels Bath soap
Wash Cloths Shampoo
Beach towels Condiments
Paper Products Aluminum foil
Paper Towels Garbage Bags
Napkins Plastic Wrap
Toilet Paper Coffee Filters
Laundry Detergent Personal Items
If charcoal grill is present, charcoal is not provided.
If a gas grill is present, gas is not provided.
You, may find some gas left in the tank that you are welcome to use. If no gas is present, you may fill the tank at the Jekyll Island Campground located at the north end of the island.